Monday, September 3, 2007

Waste of the day...

But not completely. I really like doing random searches on Google. I came across this artist, Nelson Boren, who does amazing watercolors. A native Arizonian, he portrays scenes from the life of the cowboy, from the waist down in most cases. It's amazing how he works with this medium. The realism, choice of colors, and softness to each. I was just blown away...the only thing I find confusing is that his listed work says they are in editions, which to me means prints. And edition is, in the fine arts aspect, how many identical images were created. So if I printed 15 images of a flower, and only four look identical, I would label that there were only four total in the edition on each print. It's easier to show than actually explain in writing. But none the less his work is very breath taking. I hope someone, one day, will feel the same about mine.

1 comment:

Jourdan said...

For some reason I like this painting a lot...